These cookies are a crowd favorite and they are easy to make too! My mother-in-law introduced me to them and they have since become a staple for the holidays.
I recently read a post about these cookies that made laugh. Last year holiday bakers complained all over social media because their Hershey Kisses were all missing their “tips” and this made their cookies look bad. I definitely missed this last year because my bag of kisses were nice and pointy.
Hershey has apparently solved the case of the missing tips atop its Kisses candies for this holiday season.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 48 milk chocolate Hershey candy kisses
1. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter in bowl.
2. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg, vanilla, and salt; continue beating until well mixed.
4. Add flour and baking soda; beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
5. Cover with plastic food wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F.
7. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
8. Roll balls in sugar.
9. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
10. Bake 8-10 minutes
11. Immediately press 1 chocolate kiss in center of each cookie.
12. Transfer to cooling racks