This is truly an unusual salad that satisfies the sweet, salty and crunchy you crave. It is a salad that came from my cousin “KC’s” family cook book. This is the same cousin where the yummy Tortellini salad I posted came from. This fumi salad is courtesy of “KCs” mom. This is a cabbage salad with crunchy ingredients like toasted peanuts, sesame seeds and ramen noodles. It ‘s dressed with vinegar and oil. The only thing that I added was some mandarin oranges for a touch of sweetness.
- 1 tbsp of of butter
- 1 package of ramen noodles (I am sensitive to MSG, so I sought out a natural brand with out MSG)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp seasame oil
- 5 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 2 Cups+ dry roasted lighly salted peanuts
- 1 bag of shredded cabbage mix or cole slaw mix)
- 6 chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup balsalmic vinegar (or you can use rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges (use only 1/2 of the liquid)
- Break the ramen noodles into small pieces with a rolling pin and set aside.
- In large bowl place a package of shredded cabbage mix, and 4 chopped scallions and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Add ramen noodle seasoning packet to melted better.
- Add broken noodles to butter & seasoning and stir.
- Add sesame seeds and brown.
- Add sesame oil.
- Add precooked chicken and peanuts and brown.
- Transfer the mixture from the saute pan to the large bowl with the cabbage and scallions and gently mix.
- Toss with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and the mandarin oranges.
- Serve warm or cold