Just like the crunchy buffalo hot wings, these wings are breaded and fried but unlike the hot wings these wings are sticky and sweet. These are my daughter’s “preferred” wings even though she pretends to like the Crunchy Buffalo Hot wings because her big brother does.
- 12 chicken wings
- oil (for frying)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS hoisin sauce
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion (green part only), finely chopped
- In a bowl mix together flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with the flour mixture until evenly coated. (or you can use a bag to shake and coat)
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken wings in batches for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mince garlic and then mash to a paste with salt using a large heavy knife.
- Put garlic in to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper.
- Add wings and toss until covered
- Transfer wings to serving plate
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions and serve