Cheese, Cooking, Dinner, food, Food Photography, Goat Cheese, lunch, macaroni, macaroni and cheese, photography, Photos, side dish, Spinach
My daughter loves macaroni and cheese. She will select it over anything else on a menu and will ask for it constantly. Let’s face it… it is good, but not exactly healthy to eat regularly. I recently made a deal with her that I would make macaroni and cheese, but we had to put some veges in to it. She requested broccoli, but we had just used it to make the quiche, so she selected tomatoes and spinach instead.
- 1 box of pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (skim is my choice)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar ( reserve a bit for top of dish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- handful of baby spinach
- Handful of grape tomatoes chopped in half
How to: preheat oven to 350
- Cook pasta and set aside
- In a saucepan melt butter
- Add flour a stir cook for 1 minute
- Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to whisk until thickened
- Add salt and pepper
- Stir in cheese and continue to stir until melted and smooth
- Remove from heat
- Pour 1/2 the pasta in a casserole dish
- Top with tomatoes, spinach and goat cheese
10. Pour 1/2 the cheese sauce over
11. Top with remaining pasta, sauce and shredded cheese
This looks so so yummy! Will try it!
Thanks for stopping by!
This is the prettiest mac and cheese I have ever seen! I love that you snuck veggies in there! Yummy!
Thank you! I always try to add veges to as many things as possible!
Pingback: M is for Macaroni and Cheese PLEASE! | Bits and Bytes