I have been crazy busy with work travel (last week Vegas… This week Denver) and I haven’t had a moment to read and respond to the comments on my blog. I have been participating in the A to Z Blog Challenge and today I was catching up on all the new visitors and comments from the past 2 weeks. I am so very excited to say that Kathleen from writingreadingandlife.com blog nominated me for my VERY FIRST BLOG AWARD. Thank you Kathleen!
The Award is called the Liebster award and it is an award is an award for bloggers who have less than 200 followers and helps to highlight and promote new blogs. This is definitely a pay-it-forward kind of thing. Pretty cool!
I am thrilled to accept the award and the challenge that comes with it. It’s time to pay it forward by completing these requirements:
- Post the award on my blog
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site
- Post 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I want to pass the award on to
- Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I love Hello Kitty and have since I was a kid
- I don’t have a middle name
- I hate clutter, but if you shove it in a drawer it doesn’t exist
- I am a human mold detector. Think you have mold growing in your house? Just invite me over and I will let you know… lol
- I am a technology geek. Love gadgets of all kinds.
- I collect Starbucks gift cards from all over the world.
- I don’t like to sing in the shower – but love to sing when I drive.
- My father named me Shari – because he liked Shari Lewis the ventriloquist and puppeteer.. you know… Lambchop?
- I cry when I see dolphins up close. I find them fascinating.
- I was a member of Sigma Delta Tau Sorority when I was in college.
- I despise chicken pot pie
Answers to Kathleen’s questions of “Doom” as she calls them:
- Of the Three Stooges, which one are you most like: Larry, Curly, or Moe? hmmm maybe Moe
- If you could take the place of any character in any book, who would it be and why? hmmmm maybe Sherlock Holmes
- Mac or PC? Oh this is so hard. MAC personally and for work PC.
- What is your favorite book cover of all time? Michael Chabon Maps and Legends
- What are the last 5 books you’ve read? Well I just read a Young Adult series with my 11 year old son. I am always a book ahead of him. He reads and then we discuss. I find that it has really encouraged his reading. The series is called the Fated Saga Series by Rachel Humphrey D’aigle. Right now there are 5 books in the series. They are Awaken, Shifting, Embrace, Broken, and Divided. Before that I read: The Light Between Oceans, Tainted Morals, Once We Were Brothers, Little Bee, Shadow of Night
- If your life was a movie, who would you want to play your nemesis? (HA! Tricked you on that one!) Kristen Stewart
- Vanilla or Chocolate? Chocolate
- By some strange accident of fate, I’ve been stranded in your home town. Can I stay at your place? Yes as long as you are not allergic to cats!
- Are you sure? Sure.. just bring some chocolate and red wine. And Yes because you use the word Nefarious in your bio – and that was a word that I remember everyone said would be on the SAT tests…. and when I opened my test it was the FIRST answer!
- What was your favorite book as a child? ALL of the Madeline Books.
- What is one word that describes your current MC? Right now nothing 8( I am not writing a story.
11 Blogs that I nominate for this award are:
- Cook AZ I Do Baking in the Arizona Sun
- Main St. Cuisine – fresh, simple meals for your family
- Brad Young’s Art – Nice hand drawn sketches
- Ancestreats – We are what they ate
- the nutritional epiphany – Food
- homethoughtsfromabroad626 – Ireland, Irish photography, recipes and family history in Missouri and Tennessee
- Mama Mouse Says ♡Recipes & reviews for health food junkies♡
- Culture of baking ✧ comfort foods from around the world ✧
- My Weekend Food Experiments Food, Design and Random musings
- Recipe Adaptors Get a recipe, then adapt it!
- the windy kitchen – Andreea’s culinary adventures
My Questions for Nominees are:
- If you could be an animal what type of animal would you be?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite TV Show?
- What is you guilty pleasure?
- Link to your favorite recipe?
- Best place you have ever visited?
- What was your favorite childhood tv or book character?
- What is your most recent good deed?
- If you could only take 2 things with you from your home what would they be?
- What is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you?
- If you could turn back time, what would that time be?