Brown Rice, Cooking, food, Food Photography, Kale, quick, recipe, recipes, soup, turkey
My daughter (7) is obsessed with the Food Network. Sometimes on Saturday mornings we turn it on until and watch in bed until we are ready to start our day. She very often will ask me to make whatever catches her interest. Of course she generally expects me to make it that very day. This Turkey Kale soup was made by Giada De Laurentiis. It was an instant hit in my house. This is a healthy and very flavorful soup that is easy to make- it takes less than an hour from start to finish! The Herb de Provence are a MUST in this soup! With out it you get a totally different taste.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 large shallots, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces ground white turkey meat
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence Try: McCormick Gourmet Collection, Herbes De Provence, 0.62-Ounce Unit
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus extra
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (not instant!)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots, carrots and bell pepper and sauté until the vegetables are soft and lightly brown. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and stir until the meat turns white and begins to brown slightly around the edges.
- Add the herbs de Provence and stir well.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, the tomatoes and rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the kale and season with salt and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan cheese and parsley.
This looks delicious! I really appreciate that you offered a link for the herbs de Provence so I can know what to look for in the store. I want to make this. I also want a daughter that watches food network!!
Thanks. I am glad the link was useful. I knew what I was looking for in the store, but I had to go to three stores to find it. I figured if someone else has trouble finding it – at least they can order it online! LOL my little one LOVES to watch any food shows. She does have her favorites thought!
Cut 'N Clean Greens said:
Love this! How simple, nutritious and perfectly easy! We’re going to feature this on our Facebook page and link here so people can see how you made it, and your lovely photography. Please come LIKE us on Facebook for more recipes and tips on super healthy greens like kale, chard, beet, mustard, turnip, collard and other green leafies. https://www.facebook.com/Cut.n.Clean.Greens
–Your friendly Southern California farmers at Cut ‘N Clean Greens
Thanks I already liked and shared the page. I will promote your page here shortly as well!
Pingback: Turkey, Kale and Brown Rice Soup | Around the World in 365