My daughter LOVES mushrooms. She will eat them raw or cooked for any meal and will often take them to school for snack. If I am preparing a meal with mushrooms I must remember to buy extra because she will snack on them as I cook. I created this dish specifically for her and she asks for it often.
- Mushrooms and more mushrooms. I used button, portabella, shiitake and cremini mushrooms – sliced
- Kale-1 lb chopped
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- Red Pepper – 1 chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare your penne or your favorite pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the mushrooms in olive oil or butter until soft and their juices release. Set aside in a large bowl
- Sauté the garlic in some olive oil for about 1 minute. Add the kale and cook until wilted. Remove and add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Sauté the shallot and red pepper and broccoli together just until soft.
- Add back the other veges and heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste and return to the large bowl.
- Drain pasta and add to large bowl with veges.
- Toss gently to mix the pasta with the vegetables.
- Add additional seasoning if needed. (my son like red pepper flakes)