My daughter LOVES mushrooms. She will eat them raw or cooked for any meal and will often take them to school for snack. If I am preparing a meal with mushrooms I must remember to buy extra because she will snack on them as I cook. I created this dish specifically for her and she asks for it often.
- Mushrooms and more mushrooms. I used button, portabella, shiitake and cremini mushrooms – sliced
- Kale-1 lb chopped
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- Red Pepper – 1 chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare your penne or your favorite pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the mushrooms in olive oil or butter until soft and their juices release. Set aside in a large bowl
- Sauté the garlic in some olive oil for about 1 minute. Add the kale and cook until wilted. Remove and add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Sauté the shallot and red pepper and broccoli together just until soft.
- Add back the other veges and heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste and return to the large bowl.
- Drain pasta and add to large bowl with veges.
- Toss gently to mix the pasta with the vegetables.
- Add additional seasoning if needed. (my son like red pepper flakes)
Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said:
Shari, this looks delicious. Penne is my favorite pasta.
Cut 'N Clean Greens said:
Love this! How simple, nutritious and perfectly easy! We’re going to feature this on our Facebook page and link here so people can see how you made it, and your lovely photography. Please come LIKE us on Facebook for more recipes and tips on super healthy greens like kale, chard, beet, mustard, turnip, collard and other green leafies. https://www.facebook.com/Cut.n.Clean.Greens
–Your friendly Southern California farmers at Cut ‘N Clean Greens