Baked Goods, cookies, Cooking, Dessert, Filling, food, Food Photography, Fruit Filling, Haman, Hamantaschen, Hamantashen, Holiday, Holidays, Jewish, pastries, photo, photography, Photos, Purim, Raspberry, Raspberry Filling
This raspberry filling can be used for many cookie/pastry fillings, but I specifically make this one as a filling for my Hamantaschen cookies each year. It was not a traditional filling that I grew up on, but raspberry is a favorite of mine.
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup honey or agave syrup
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Wash raspberries (if using fresh)
- Put in sauce pan over medium heat for about 15 minutes – it will come to a soft boil.
- Stir often to make sure it >doesn’t not burn.
- Add 1 cup of honey or agave syrup
- Stir well and bring back to a boil while stirring
- Cook for another 8 to 10 miutes until mixture starts to thicken
- Add lemon juice and stir
- Let cool.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools.
**If your mixture is too loose you can thicken with a mixture of 2 tablespoons of cold water and 1 tablespoon corn starch and then bring back to a boil and boil for 1 minute*****