Ahhh the weather is finally warm! Tomorrow temperatures are expected to reach 80 degrees here in NY. Time for summer drinks! Lemon Lime Basilade is such a refreshing drink. It was the first drink I made in my Vitamix when my husband brought it home. This drink was the perfect compliment to my Cinco De Mayo menu. It is tart and sweet – and the basil adds great flavor. Oh and If you like this drink make sure you try lemon basil gelato – yummy!
You can make this drink as described below (adapted from Vitamix) or you can add your favorite alcohol to it.
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved, seeded
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup water
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 1 1/2 minutes, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades