I created this quick breakfast casserole one day when I went to make breakfast for my family and I was short on ingredients to make everyone’s favorite request. It has become one of my family’s favorite dishes and is often a staple for mother’s and father’s day brunches. Each time I make it I experiment with different vegetables and cheese combos. One of our favorite is spinach, mushroom and feta. This particular one is spinach, tomato and mozzarella cheese.
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and shredded (or use a bag of the store bought shredded potatoes)
- 1 onion diced
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup mozerella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Squeeze the excess water out of the shredded potatoes
- Put enough oil to cover the bottom of a large pan about 2 Tbsp
- Heat oil and add shredded potatoes.
- Cook until lightly brown (this adds a nice texture to the casserole)
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes in to the dish
- In a bowl crack 8 eggs, add salt & pepper and then whisk until fluffy
- Add onions, tomatoes and spinach and mix until all the spinach leaves are covered in the egg mixture
- Pour egg mixture in to casserole dish
- Add cheese 1/2 cheese
- Top with the rest of the potatoes and the rest of the cheese
- Cook for 45 minutes until set and golden brown on top
Shari Kelley said:
This looks really good, Shari! I love breakfast casseroles. The spinach, mushroom, and feta sounds great, too. I have company coming in April, and this is just the type of recipe I need. Thank you.
You are welcome! You can really add any combo of stuff that you like. So yummy! Bacon is always good too!
Looks delish! Im going to add mushrooms and bacon. Perfect for tomorrows Mother’s Day Brunch!