My friend Chanie recently posted a picture on Facebook and stated that she “cracked” the recipe of her favorite Mexican tuna salad from a local deli. I immediately needed to know what was in it. I had never seen tuna salad quite like it. Once I knew what was in it – I knew that not only would I love it, but so would my son! I will never eat boring old tuna salad again! Yes there are jalapeno peppers in this tuna, but I promise you that it is not too spicy!
- 9 oz tuna drained
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 3 small jalapeno peppers seeded and deveined and finely chopped
- 2 firm plum tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (more or less to suit your taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (I added this..it just seemed right)
- Mix tuna, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and cilantro together
- Add mayonnaise to your liking and mix
- Add salt, pepper and cumin and mix
- squeeze the juice 1/2 lime and mix.
- Serve on your favorite bread or with a salad.