This is a quick and easy meal or side-dish. It is very rich, so I prefer to use it as a side dish. Think of this as an adult macaroni and cheese. It has been adapted from Giada De Laurentiis recipe.
- 2 17-ounce packages potato gnocchi
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 3 ounces goat cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place gnocchi in a lightly greased 9 x 13 X 2 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together half and half, milk, broth, and flour over medium heat.
- Continue whisking until the sauce is simmering and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, and stir to combine.
- Add spinach and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Pour the sauce and spinach mixture over the gnocchi evenly, spreading the spinach out to cover all the gnocchi.
- Crumble goat cheese over the spinach.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the top is golden in places, about 30 minutes.