So when I finally figured out what I was making for dinner : Not Just Any Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger, I had to solve my next problem …. What do I serve with it? Well… I already had watermelon and I really wanted to use it before it dripped all over my fridge. I grabbed some mint and feta while I was in the store. The sweet chilled watermelon is a perfect compliment to the salty feta cheese. This made 6 servings.
- 2 lbs watermelon chilled
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves lightly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese – cubed or crumbled
- Cube or ball watermelon and set aside in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, black pepper and the juice of one lime
- Pour dressing over watermelon
- Add chopped mint leaves and feta
- Lightly toss and serve