One of the uses of the grilled vegetables that I posted here was for this really easy panini. This panini incorporates the grilled veges, thinly sliced grilled chicken, fresh basil and mozarella plus a sunried tomato aioli. Here is how to do it.
- Grill your favorite veges see post here
- Brush thin cut chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill until done
- Cut bread into slices. You want to choose a nice wide thick bread. I selected a “Tuscan” bread
- Brush one side of each slice with olive oil and spread the other side of each slice with a sundried tomato aioli: 1 cup mayo (reg or light) , 1/2 cup sundried tomato (not in oil), and three cloves of roasted garlic, 1/4 olive oil: put it in the blender until smooth
- Assemble sandwiches: chicken, veges, basil, fresh mozarella
- Set on grill and cook until cheese starts to melt.