This salad is quick and easy. It is good both warm or cold and lasts several days in the refrigerator.
- 1 1lb package of tricolor Israeli (pearled) couscous cooked as per package instructions – I like Bob’s Red Mill Brand or TraderJoe’s Harvest Grains which also has orzo and quinoa
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cucumber diced large
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine couscous, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, parsley and cranberries and mix well
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Taste the salad and add more vinegar if needed