Cooking, couscous, Food Photography, photography, Photos, quick, recipe, salad, side dishes, vegetarian
This salad is quick and easy. It is good both warm or cold and lasts several days in the refrigerator.
- 1 1lb package of tricolor Israeli (pearled) couscous cooked as per package instructions – I like Bob’s Red Mill Brand or TraderJoe’s Harvest Grains which also has orzo and quinoa
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cucumber diced large
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine couscous, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, parsley and cranberries and mix well
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Taste the salad and add more vinegar if needed
Looks awesome and healthy! Thank you for stopping by and liking my “tooth fairy”. Happy blogging! Cheers, silverlime
yummy yum yum yum……delicios!
great photo, I would make this!
Thanks and that was a bad camera day!
Mary Strong-Spaid said:
Looks good…thanks for the recipe!
I never knew there is white balsamic Vinegar? Can I just use the dark balsamic vinegar instead?
Yes. It just will look darker