For this meal I really wish I had Smella-Blog so you could smell how amazing the combination of ingredients smell as they cook. The rosemary is so fragrant that I had family members running to the kitchen once the lamb hit the pan. I served the lamb with low fat tzatziki sauce, refreshing couscous salad, and a sweet potato biscuit. Yeah I know the biscuit wasn’t really necessary… but I was dying to make them. This recipe doesn’t take long to make, but you do need time to let the lamb marinate. It is the perfect workday recipe – let the meat marinate while you work!
- 4 to 6 lamb shoulder chops
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- handful of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large resealable plastic bags
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Put 2 to 3 chops into a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour equal amounts of marinade into each bag. Close the bag and shake to make sure each piece of meat is generously covered in the marinade.
- Set in refrigerator for 3 or more hours. ( I always fine a full 8 hours really is best)
- Preheat a large heavy pan on medium for 2 to 5 minutes
- Place lamb in the skillet (careful not to overcrowd) and turn up the heat to medium-high. Cook lamb 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops from pan and let them rest 5 minutes before serving.