Fish Tacos are perfect for hot summer days especially with some sangria or a nice frozen lemonade. Well it is not quite summer…. and it is too cold for a frozen drink, but I totally forgot to post the Mahi Mahi Tacos, Seared Tuna Tacos, and the Shrimp Tacos I made this summer. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. mahi mahi
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 jalapeno diced (with seeds and ribbing removed!)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- pinch oregano
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Shredded lettuce and cabbage or slaw
- 8 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1 avocado chopped
- grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Place fish in a medium size dish and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, jalapeno, garlic, oregano, and cilantro and pour over the fish.
- Marinate fish for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade place onto a hot grill
- Grill the fish for 7-8 minutes on one side and then flip a frill for for 30 seconds.
- Remove from grill.
- Allow the fish to rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork.
- Place the tortillas on the grill and grill for a few seconds.
- Build your taco by spreading some avocado chipotle sauce on the tortilla layer with some slaw, then fish and some more sauce. Garnish with avocado and tomatoes as desired.
Avocado Chipolte Sauce
- 1 medium avocado halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup water
- The juice of 2 medium limes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely minced
Scoop out the avocado flesh and put into blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and easy to pour.