I had a few sweet potatoes that needed to be baked. After I put them in the oven I remembered I saw Paula Deen make biscuits from sweet potatoes and thought today was the perfect time to make them!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix Flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes and butter.
- Fold the flour mixture into to the potato mixture to form a soft dough.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time to dough . If dough is too dry, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to 1/2-inch thick and cut with a round cookie or biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on a greased pan
- Bake for about 15 minutes