Who new zucchini had fingers? This is a quick easy appetizer, after school snack or side dish that can be “spiced” to your taste. They satisfy the crunchy “fried” craving I often have when I think of appetizers – but they are really very light and healthy too! Leftovers work well the next day too!
- 2 Medium Zucchini – Green or Yellow!
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs – I used Chipotle flavored Bread Crumbs – very spicy. So if you are making this for kids use the plain panko crumbs!
- 1/2 cup parmasean cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 375F.
- Place egg, in a bowl add a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, and parmesean cheese.
- Dip zucchini fingers in egg wash then roll them over bread crumb mix.
- Return to egg wash and roll them in breadcrumbs a second time.
- Lay them on a cookie tray ½ inch apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve with a tomato sauce or I like to use Tzatziki sauce