Baked Goods, Baking, Chocolate, cookies, Cooking, Flourless, food, Food Photography, gluten free, recipe, recipes
Before my colleague “JG” moved to our LA office we would have “cookie” time almost daily. You know…… the the time of day when you do not even have to look at the clock and you know exactly what time it is? The time of day when your low in energy and would love to take a nap? ….hmmm… somewhere between 2 and 3 PM each day.
These cookies would have been perfect for our little snack break. They are chewy rich and not too sweet. They remind me of the chewy edge of a brownie. These cookies are the right size for a snack and are a great little pick me up in the middle of the day. PLUS : They are gluten free, free of flour and almost sin free. These cookies are great with walnuts or chocolate chips in them too… again think brownie… I am experimenting with another recipe that will be Passover friendly… so stay tuned.
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large bowl whisk together (or mix with electric mixer on low) sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt
- Slowly add eggs and vanilla and mix just until the batter is moistened. You dont want to over mix or the batter will be stiff.
- Spoon cookies into 12 even mounds on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Parchment paper is absolutely necessary for this recipe.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes until the cookies are slightly cracked and shiny.
- Let cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
yum! those would be perfect with an afternoon coffee!
Very brilliant looking bake! Looks very delicious too! =)
Find your Success said:
yum! Those look so good!
Thanks! Easy to make too
Pingback: Gluten Free – Chewy Flourless Chocolate Cookies | homethoughtsfromabroad626