Cilantro, Dinner, Entree, Fish & Seafood, food, grilled, grilled salmon, lunch, salmon, teriyaki
I really miss the warm weather. It is 28 degrees today and I just don’t feel like firing up the grill. A girl can dream though! I made this at the end of the summer and just didn’t get around to posting it. Very simple and quick too.
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, bring the soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, ginger and garlic to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced by about half (about 15 minutes)
- Divide the sauce into 2 small bowls; reserve 1 bowl for after the salmon has been grilled
- Preheat a grill to high
- Lightly oil the grate.
- Pat the salmon dry and brush with oil
- Brush the flesh side with sauce and season with pepper.
- Arrange the salmon on the grill skin side down
- Grill while occasionally basting with more of the teriyaki sauce
- Grill about 15 mins
- Remove from grill, pour reserved sauce over salmon and & garnish with fresh cilantro