Appetizer, Cheese, Chicken, Finger food, gorgonzola, party food, rosemary, super bowl
Yeah… I have heard the joke before…” Chickens have balls?” … ummm really? Not very funny. This is a recipe perfect for any occasion and they are”manly” enough to serve on Super Bowl Sunday. Plus kids love them. They are amazing hot because the gorgonzola cheese oozes with every bite. They are quite tasty the next day cold by themselves or in a wrap with fresh greens. If you don’t want bite sized chicken “balls” you can make these in to sliders or larger burgers. Serve them on a toasted ciabatta bun with caramelized onions. The pictures don’t do these justice!
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 8 oz gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic, pepper, and rosemary. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl add chicken, gorgonzola, mayo mixture and panko bread crumbs. Use hands to combine ingredients, and roll bite size balls.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on the stove with olive oil on medium heat.
- Add a few chicken balls at a time to the pan, cook approximately 3 minutes untill golden brown, roll each ball over and cook for another 3 minutes.
This sounds really yummy, I’ll have to try these soon!
Pingback: D is for Dylan’s Crazy Cobb Like Salad | Bits and Bytes