First, sorry about the horrible pictures. I didnt have the right camera handy. So what is Kañiwa Salad you ask? Kañiwa is a grain similar to red quinoa. It comes from South America. It has been toted a “super food” It is gluten free, godd source of protien and high in iron. The only Kañiwa I could find at my local supermarket was packaged by Roland.
The salad was a hit for adults and kids.
- 1 box of Kañiwa cooked according to instructions on box
- 1 bunch parlsey finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatos sliced in half
- Handful of mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
After Kañiwa has cooled combine with the rest of the ingredients and enjoy warm or refrigerate and enjoy cold.