Yes they are horrible for you! But they sure taste good. Remember … Everything in moderation… Right? They are perfect for the superbowl tomorrow too. Loaded Potato Skins are quick and easy to make.
- 4 russet potatoes (or any potato you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup shredded chedder cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 8 tablespoons of cooked chopped bacon
- 4 green onions finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream for dipping (greek yogurt works great too)
How to: Pre-heat oven to 400
- Wash potatoes and pierce each with a fork several times.
- Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel.
- Microwave potatoes for 5 to 8 minutes until tender, but not too soft. (if you dont want to microwave – you can bake them)
- Slice each potato in half.
- Using a spoon carefuly scrape about 1/2 of each potato out of the skin and put the scraped portion in to a small bowl and mix with the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take the potato skin shells and put them into the oven on a baking sheet facing up.
- Turn the oven up to broil.
- Broil on low for about 5 minutes – just until they start to get crispy.
- Flip and broil for another 2 miutes. Watch carefuly so they do not burn.
- Remove fom oven and fill each skin with the potato butter mixture.
- Top with cheese, onions and bacon
- Broil for another 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.