During Passover eating Matzah can be boring and monotonous. So why not mix it with some eggs and cover it in chocolate sauce, fresh whipped cream and strawberries? Sorta like a waffle? Well not exactly…. but it will do!
My Grandma Gertie made a yummy version of it as did my mom, but it was always special when grandma visited and made it for us. She never smothered it in chocolate or whipped cream, but it was still good.
Wednesday night I made a batch for my family, and decided to treat it as dessert for dinner. Or “Dinssert” as my son called it.
The recipe is quick and easy:
- 6 sheets of Matzah
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- butter or oil for pan
- Crush Matzah in to small pieces and place in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and milk, plus salt and pepper to taste
- Pour egg mixture over the matzah, mix well and let stand for 10 minutes
- Melt butter or heat oil in a pan.
- More matzah mixture in pan, spread it out and cook over medium heat.
- Cook until lightly golden on bottom, flip and cook until lightly golden.
- Cut and serve with your choice of toppings!