I love hummus, but sometimes I get bored of it. When I do, I make this easy eggplant spread to eat as a snack or to serve as an appetizer. I like it spicy – but you can adjust to your taste. Pairs well with brie and crackers.
- 2lbs eggplants peeled and cubed
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- olive oil
- 12 oz or so of tomato puree
- In a large skillet heat olive oil.
- Cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Add peppers and eggplant, and cook until soft – almost mushy.
- Remove from stove and put in Vitamix or Blender with tomato puree.
- Blend until smooth and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once you achieve the right level of salt and pepper add red pepper flakes for spice.
- Let cool in…
View original post 23 more words