Cooking, Dessert, food, Food Photography, July 4th, Marshmallow, photography, Photos, recipe, recipes, Rice Crispy Treats, Rice Krispies, Rice Krispies Treats
This was just another great DIY kid friendly project that I did with my daughter to get ready for July 4th. After she saw we could cut out stars with a cookie cutter she could not stop planning the “perfect shaped” rice crispy treat for every possible scenario…. so you may see a few more of these shaped treats in the near future. The recipe is Kellog’s original recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture evenly into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan lined with wax paper
- Press to even out.
- Sprinkle with decorative sugar or sprinkles.
- Cool slighly.
- Cut with star cookie cutter.
Pingback: July 4th Food Fun and Fireworks | Bits and Bytes