A few months ago I made banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Since they had no flour and no eggs they were a hit at my monthly cooking club when we had an “eggless theme”. Since then I have seen quite a few renditions of the cookies on Pinterest. My sister-in-law brought a few of her own cookies to a baseball game this weekend and it inspired me to make these. No added sugar (yes the chocolate chips & dried cranberries have added sugar), no flour and no egg!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked – quick or old fashioned)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate hips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mash bananas until creamy.
- Add apple sauce, vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add oatmeal and mix to insure that oatmeal is completely combined with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in walnuts, dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Let sit 10 minutes so that oatmeal absorbs some of the moisture.
- Spoon cookies onto cookies sheet with parchment paper and slightly flatten.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.