Apple, Apricot, Baked Goods, Coconut, cookies, Cooking, Dessert, Filling, food, Food Photography, Fruit Filling, Haman, Hamantaschen, Hamantashen, Holiday, Holidays, Jewish, pastries, photo, photography, Photos, Purim
Apricot Coconut filling is another traditional filling used in Hamantaschen cookies each year. They are one of the favorites in my house!
- 1 ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 orange peeled and cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- Combine orange juice and apricots in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until most of the juice is absorbed.
- Pour apricots and juices into blender or processor; add orange rind, orange pieces and sugar.
- Process until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into bowl and add coconut and raisins. Cool.